We are now on the downward slope of September and the evenings are drawing in , equally the mornings take longer to become light, I am up and about with lights on, not something that I like.
I have barely been to the airport, only 3 times this year which for me is not really a lot. It has been a difficult year, lots of news that I really do not want to process, working 2 jobs, which has been tiring. Having little time for me and less time to catch up with friends, sometimes feeling a little bit out in the wilderness.
I have truly forgotten what a work/life balance is like.
My garden has been my sanctuary this summer, and also where I have been working hard on my 2nd job. I find the tranquility of being in my little garden quite restorative, its the simple things really that can get you through.
Sleep has also eluded me a lot of the time as I wake up a million things in my head and then cannot get back to sleep.
Goodness, just writing it down is exhausting.
I am only a few weeks away from my next break and it cannot come quickly enough. it will have been a 4 month gap since my last break.
I know this sounds like a very 'woe is me ' post, its not, its just been a very tough year and I am sinking under the weight of it.
However the up side is that I also have my annual birthday holiday to look forward to and a 'Twixmas' break too.
So not all doom and gloom, just a lot of hard work in between.
I am also trying to plan for next year and decide where I want to head off to.
What are your plans for 2027?
I think that a lot of mine will be short hops.




No comments:
Post a Comment