Friday, 12 June 2026

'Fry'day

 


Another scorcher from the start of my day, I shouldn't complain as I will be returning to a much colder UK.

I have to say that I am dreaming of a cool breeze, any hint of that would be lovely, and Malta does have a windy season ( Autumn, Winter) which is because the islands are relatively flat and surrounded by  open seas.

Something else that I found out is that  despite seeing so many palm trees on the island they rarely see the fruit come to its ripened state due to  the autumn/winter weather.



I decided to have a quiet day today, no long stroll this morning, I went off to The Village Cafe  for scrambled egg on toast for my breakfast and then  came back to sort out some of my case.

Then I headed off to the pool and  to the quiet of the upper sundeck. I even managed 40 winks ( 20 mins). which is much needed.

I started a new book, my 4th book of the holiday, I love the luxury of time to do nothing but read, it really does feel very decadent to me, who is often time poor.

As you know my holidays are usually at top speed, but I have been busy in the background making notes of other things.

My evening was equally a quiet, with a light dinner  round the corner, just homemade soup and mineral water !!!???? Yes I know, but I am being sensible because of the heat.

And that was pretty much my day, nothing much to write about, but a day to just relax.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Malta the debrief

  Surprisingly this was my first trip to Malta, I had always associated it with  holidays by people of a certain age, well obviously as I ha...