Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Summer rumbles on

 


Its a little over 2 months since I got back from Malta and its a a little over 2 months until I am on my next jaunt.

The weather has taken a really summery turn, even here in the icy wastes of the the north of Blighty, and so I try to eat as many meals in the garden as possible. ( I don't really eat as much scrambles egg as it may appear in the pictures), however its lovely to be outside more than normal.



I have been very busy since getting back from Malta, booking holidays for other people and checking out things for myself.

I am trying to put together a good combination of visits next year. Places I haven't been to and if I can sort it, another trip to Norway.

I often ask people where their favourite place is and why, it's interesting to see what attracts people to certain places.

I will always love France, its a huge country with so much to offer and so many different areas to explore.

From Northern France with its similar weather to  us, down to the South of France with fabulous summers. The west of France with secret islands and historical places. And a host of stunning cities.

For me France has so much to offer.



To be fair most of Europe is the same, Italy with its industrial north right down to its Mediterranean south.

Greece with its multitude of islands given something for everyone. 

And Spain which has managed to shake off the 'Sangria and stuffed donkey' image of the 70's and has so much to offer with city breaks, mountain villages and endless miles of beaches.

I'm a lover of Africa, from the North to the south, east and west coast, a 'smorgasbord' of different cultures and history.

My last 3 trips of the year are in Europe but just to have a break from work is a welcome relief.

so where would you go? Whats your favourite  holiday spot? What are your favourite things to do on holiday?

Everyone will have a different answer that's for sure.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer rumbles on

  Its a little over 2 months since I got back from Malta and its a a little over 2 months until I am on my next jaunt. The weather has taken...